More than 280,000 households in New Jersey use heating oil as their primary source of heat. The industry has evolved in leaps and bounds over the past few decades, and continues with impressive progress in terms of efficiency and reduced emissions.
Heating Oil Advantages
Take a look at these five reasons why heating oil is a smart choice for New Jersey homes.
- It’s safe. Heating oil is much safer than many people realize. In its liquid state, oilheat is a nonburning fuel, so it cannot explode.
- It’s efficient. With the high-efficiency boilers and furnaces available today, heating oil takes a lot more time to use up than in decades of the recent past. In fact, heating oil systems today burn about 95% cleaner than their 1970s counterparts. They also use about 500 fewer gallons of oil on an annual basis than they did in the 80s.
- Systems last. Modern, well-maintained systems that receive regular tune-ups can last for decades. Click here to learn about whether you might be due for an upgrade and click here to learn about rebate opportunities.
- New blends of Bioheat® fuel are always on the horizon. The heating oil industry recently committed to achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2050. Households that use blends of ultra-low-sulfur Bioheat are increasing the pace of these efforts, and more blends are in development every day. Shorter-term goals include reaching a 15% reduction in carbon emissions by 2023, and a 40% reduction by 2030.
- It’s clean burning. The latest oil systems burn fuel 99.9% cleanly, according to studies out of the U.S. Department of Energy’s Brookhaven Lab. This means particulate matter (soot) is just about nonexistent.
Look around our website to learn more about oilheat and living in an oil-heated home in New Jersey.