Clean, efficient oil heat continues to keep many homes in New Jersey warm and safe no matter what Mother Nature brings to us. Besides knowing you can depend on a clean, efficient and safe heating source, you have further assurance because there is plenty of heating oil to go around because of abundant supply!
In this blog, we will begin making the case for oil heat by exploring the cleanliness of heating oil and the factors that have made its supply so abundant.
Clean Heating Oil
Renewable, cutting-edge and energy-efficient. These are all words you may be hearing about BioHeat® fuel. BioHeat is a blend of ultra-low sulfur heating oil and biodiesel, which is made from natural sources, including soybean, sunflower, pumpkin seed and more. BioHeat is made in the U.S., which helps supports local farmers, local industries and a local economy.
- The most refined grade of heating oil available, clean-burning Bioheat has virtually no negative impact on the environment.
- Bioheat produces near-zero levels of particulate matter during the combustion process.
- Because of its super clean-burning properties, Bioheat eliminates the source of most equipment issues.
Beyond Bioheat, there have been many advances in heating oil equipment, including oil storage tanks. Designed with corrosion-resistant materials, today’s tanks can last for decades. New technology allows for remote monitoring to protect against the rare event of a leak and guarantees that you will always have a sufficient supply of heating oil on hand.
Abundant Heating Oil
In the past few years, a driving force for the prevailing trend of stable, manageable oil prices has been the massive increases in U.S. crude oil production. The U.S. is producing so much oil that we are moving toward being a net exporter of oil, rather than a net importer. This could become a reality within the next 10 years, according to the U.S. Energy Department.
- Based on an average of 2.6 or more persons per household, it’s estimated that more than 16.5 million consumers in our country benefit from heating oil each year.
- In 2015, U.S. crude oil production averaged more than 9.4 million barrels per day the highest annual average crude oil production since 1972.
- The U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve has a capacity of 727-million barrels; it’s the largest stockpile of government-owned emergency crude oil in the world.
- The Northeast Home Heating Oil Reserve is a one-million barrel supply of ultra-low sulfur heating oil for homes and businesses in the Northeast.
- The majority of the heating oil used in the United States is refined domestically.
In our next post, we’ll take a closer look at two other great oil heat benefits: Safety and Efficiency.