The more you know about oilheat, the better you will like it! Here are 10 quick points you should know about modern oilheat, which is clean, affordable, abundant, safe and efficient.
- Bioheat® is an important part of the oilheat industry’s commitment to bringing the cleanest energy possible into homes and businesses. Bioheat® is a blend of traditional home heating oil and American-made biodiesel—a highly refined, clean-burning fuel made from natural sources.
- Today’s oilheat systems are so compact they take up as little as five square feet of space.
- Every gallon of heating oil in New Jersey is defined as ultra-low sulfur heating oil (ULSHO). ULSHO has 99% less sulfur in it than standard heating oil. The switch to ULSHO has resulted in a reduction in emissions of over 70%, compared with the emissions produced by traditional heating fuel.
- Many oilheat systems are so efficient they qualify for the Energy Star label.
- Oilheated homes heat up quickly and provide even and efficient heat. For every gallon of oil burned, nearly 140,000 Btu’s of heat are produced. That’s the equivalent of about 70,000 60-watt light bulbs.
- Particulate emissions have been reduced significantly and new oilheat systems now burn fuel 99.9 percent clean, according to studies conducted at the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s Brookhaven National Laboratory.
- Compared to 25 years ago, homeowners now need an average of 500 gallons less oil to heat their homes each year. That’s because new oilheating systems are much more efficient than those from a generation ago.
- Oil-fired water heaters provide unlimited hot water at low cost. Not only does an oil water heater save huge amounts of money over its lifetime, it is also perfect for homes with high hot water demand (growing families, homes with Jacuzzi bathtubs, etc.)
- New oil heat systems are so reliable that most manufacturers offer long-term warranties; if something ever fails, it’s easy to get replacement parts.
- Most full service oilheat dealers offer sales, installation and service of heating systems, including new and replacement oil burners, furnaces, boilers, and indirect and direct-fired water heaters and more. Many provide around-the-clock emergency service as well.
Contact your local oilheat company to learn more about all of the benefits of today’s oilheat!